Performing Arts Against AIDS
A Program of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Volunteer for the Bucket Brigade
Thank you for your interest in joining the Bucket Brigade. We are looking for volunteers to serve as representatives of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS at the post-show collections that occur for six weeks, twice a year. Collections usually involve a cast member making a speech just after the curtain call, explaining what Broadway Cares does and asking for any donations. As the audience leaves, they’ll see volunteers like you at the exits, holding red buckets for their cash donations. In the last year, more than $10.3 million was raised for Broadway Cares by audience appeals with the help of the Bucket Brigade.
- Shifts are approximately 30 minutes. However, multiple shifts may occur when, because of varying end times for shows, you go from one theatre to the next.
- Evenings between 8 pm-11:30 pm
- Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday matinees between 3 pm – 6 pm
- Broadway and Off-Broadway theatres from 41st to 54th Streets between Sixth and Ninth Avenues
- Hold a bucket collecting donations
- Run a charge machine
- Handle unique show memorabilia available to donors
- Smile and thank people for their donations
- There is usually more than one volunteer at each theatre collecting, in addition to any company members that may help
- Instructions are given about where to report at the theatre prior to your scheduled collections
- Once you are done holding the bucket, you will hand it to a stage manager or company member. You will never take the money in the bucket anywhere beyond the theatre or help count it.
- Unfortunately you cannot watch the show at which you are collecting
Please complete the application below. We will contact you once we have reviewed your information.